The purpose of this article is to introduce you to Node.js and to lead you through the process of creating apps with it while also highlighting its benefits. One important thing to keep in mind is that Node.js is a terrific tool to have in your toolbox, and the possibilities are endless because of its large community.
confirmed it is also expanding more quickly than Python and Java.
It is used to create web apps that require a lot of I/O (Input/Output), such as video streaming websites, single-page programs, online chat applications, and other web apps. It is widely used by large, established corporations and popular tech players such as Netflix and PayPal, to mention a few.
This article will highlight the most critical Node.js features and the benefits of using Node.js for your next web development project to assist you in getting started and creating applications right away.
Node utilizes a concurrency mechanism based on an event loop and follows a single thread. Due to its non-blocking nature, it doesn't make the program wait; instead, it registers a callback and allows it to proceed. It can grow since it manages concurrent activities without utilizing many execution threads.
Features/Properties of Node.js
The following are some key features that make Node.js the top option among software architects.
- All Node.js library APIs are asynchronous or non-blocking, and they are also event-driven. This implies that a Node.js-based server never awaits data delivery from an API. After accessing an API, the server goes on to the next one, and a Node.js notification system called Events enables the server to get a response before moving on to the next API.
- Unlike conventional servers like Apache HTTP Server, Node.js uses a single-threaded application, allowing the same software to handle a far higher volume of requests.
- Applications built with Node.js never use buffers; instead, they send out data in part
Benefits of Using Node.js for your Project
There are several reasons for adopting Node.js for server-side programming, and with the experience, Fetchly labs (a software development company) has with using Nodejs, the benefits will be discussed in greater detail;
1. Node.js provides Simple Scalability.
2. Node.js is utilized as a single programming language.
3. Node.js is Cost effective
How to get started with Node.js as a developer
Knowing how to start with Node.js is vital if you feel that understanding it will help you advance your career.
- You'll understand how Node operates after you realize why it is called Node. It's called Node because it's used to create basic single-process units called nodes. These nodes may be scaled up to create massively distributed applications and arranged using effective networking protocols for communicating with one another.
- You need to know how asynchronous I/O operations are carried out in Node with the lines of code following a non-blocking pattern.
- Learn how to utilize the libraries that come with node to perform a variety of tasks such as operating a streaming-capable web server with "HTTP," running a TCP server and programming sockets with "net," reading/writing files with "fs," and many others.
- Once you feel confident with Node, try handling as many scenarios as you can.
While Node.js is a broad topic that cannot be covered thoroughly in a single introductory tutorial, this article covers some main areas to help you get started. In summary, Node is a wonderful choice for applications requiring many concurrent connections and waiting on I/O (input/output).
The npm registry is expanding regularly, which means more modules are available for usage. Node.js is a terrific technology to be familiar with, and the opportunities are virtually limitless due to its large community.
*This is not the official Fetchly opinion but the opinion of the writer who is employed by Fetchly*